I’m trying, I really am. Some days it just boggles my mind the scale doesn’t move or, worse, goes up. I am having a devil of a time getting past this body set weight to break this blasted plateau, but overall, I feel this was a successful week. I made some good choices and positive changes, but, once again, even the tiniest uptick in carbs and all work is for naught.
The Good This Week
- I made it back to the gym. It’s just two workouts (high-intensity interval training), but that’s what I was shooting for – consistency. Once these two workouts become a habit, I will add more.
- I learned about the Glucose Ketone Index. It’s a measure of how glucose and ketones work together. At last check, I am in ketosis which is a good thing.
The Not-so-good This Week
- I blew my carbs two days. One for assuming (yes, I know) a diet frosted lemonade at Chick-fil-A would be low carb. Yes, I’m an idiot. While using diet lemonade, it used full-sugar ice cream. Why even call it diet at that point???? So on the days I blew my carbs, I REALLY blew my carbs. I had popcorn on those days.
- My blood glucose is all over the place. I’m finding my readings are best around noon (before I eat) and not in the morning. Still trying to find the best time to measure regularly (i.e., trying to find out when I should have blood draws for medical things).
- Got off track on my 16:8 fasting. Not sure why, but I have been hungry the last few mornings – probably because I blew my carbs.
Things I Did to Stay the Course This Week
- Still having 2 tablespoons Apple Cider Vinegar (with the Mother) in a glass of water first thing every morning.
- Still having only MCT oil powder (vanilla) in my coffee – no creamer, butter or coconut oil
Goals for Next Week
- Get back to regular intermittent fasting (at least 16:8 and hopefully at least one 24-hour fast)
- Strict adherence to what I eat.
- Workout twice and walk at least 2 evenings this week weather permitting.
That’s it. Just a summary of the week. Data for the week:
Avg Weight: 185.1
Avg Fat: 31.2%
Avg Muscle: 46.1%
Weight change: -1.3lbs
Body fat change: -0.3%
Muscle change: +0.2%
Overall, not awful, but not what I want to see.